Thursday, August 1, 2024

Yesterday I had the pleasure of shooting with Verronica Kirei after a five-year delay. We last shot together a few months before the pandemic shutdown. Verronica has helped me with several of my new projects while we were routinely shooting. She has modeled for my Sword & Chains, Military Pinup, Light Painting, and Barefoot Glamour projects and several others. For our first shoot, way back in December of 2011, she modeled for my Xmas Pinup series and has been a reliable model for any project I've requested.

For this latest shoot, I used her for my Goddess project. We shot several variations of the theme. We started in the early morning to beat the heat and to use the morning cloud cover for softer light. We timed it well because we finished our shoot just as the clouds started to part. The heat waves this summer have made early morning shoots a requirement. By late morning the temperatures make it uncomfortable to shoot and the sand on the beach gets almost too hot to bear.

The spot I chose for the shoot had several large driftwood logs and Verronica made use of them for many of her poses. The logs and the many small trees and bushes provided excellent backdrops for the images and when the cloud cover started to break up we had some interesting skies to add to the scene.

I hope to shoot with Verronica again before the end of the year. I'll probably use her for a boudoir shoot or perhaps a Halloween-themed shoot, since that's one of the few projects she hasn't yet modeled. Whichever I choose, I know I'll get some great images with her.






No comments: