Thursday, August 29, 2024

Magical Vauntastic

Shooting with Nicole is a blast. For my second shoot with this beautiful lady, I chose a magical theme as we both have an interest in the fantastical. We picked a late afternoon shoot time to take advantage of backlighting from the sun for the outfits and the foliage behind the model. I had several concepts in mind that needed that style of lighting and the timing worked great for those shots.

Nicole had perfect makeup and hair for the shoot because we collaborated on the planning and I shared examples of what I wanted to shoot with her well ahead of the shoot. She's a very experienced and versatile model, so I expected no less. The property where we were shooting worked well for the concepts too, and we took full advantage of the backgrounds it provided. 

Nicole suggested several ideas we incorporated into the shoot. I love it when models give me suggestions and make the shoot a collaborative, rather than a directive process. Also, shooting with Nicole is just plain fun. 







No comments: