Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Lucy from Australia via New Zealand

 

Lucy hails from Australia, but lives in New Zealand and travels widely. I was fortunate to shoot with her this year after her expedition with Exploregon, a semi-annual photographic excursion led by my friends Floofie and Jordan. Lucy had just finished the late summer expedition to the Oregon coast and had time to shoot with me before leaving for other areas on the West Coast. I had planned to join the coastal shoot, but my left knee simply wouldn't let me do the hiking required for the adventures planned. 

My knee, however, didn't give me any issues in the studio as long as I had a chair or stool that allowed me to occasionally sit. Floofie was kind enough to rent me her studio and I opted to shoot Lucy in a fine art style with various chain jewelry for ornament. 

I used a combination of window light from the double doors of the studio balanced with light from two Newwer LED panels. Near the end of the shoot, I changed the color temperature of the panels for a warmer effect. 

Lucy is a lovely and charismatic model. We listened to her music and chatted during the entire shoot and we achieved some lovely results from our session. I look forward to shooting with her again should she come back this way.

No comments: