Saturday, July 27, 2024

On Thursday I had the opportunity to shoot with Jade for the third time. I first shot with Jade last summer on Sauvie Island using a Bohemian Beach concept. She's a gorgeous model with a look reminiscent of the pinup models of the 40s and 50s. I enjoyed our first shoot, and though a bit reserved (normal for a first shoot with a new photographer), she posed well and gave me some great images. Because of her look, I had hoped to use her for my Xmas Pinup series. Unfortunately, she was not available for several months.

In April, Jade contacted me again, letting me know she was available for modeling work again. In May we managed to put a shoot together in the studio. You can read about that shoot here. That shoot went so well, I told her we'd shoot again in a different studio for a different look. The studio I had in mind, located near my neighborhood, wasn't available so I found a fine little studio on Peerspace that had lovely natural lighting from the large curtained windows. The room had several sets including a bed, a chair with a dressing table, a leather barber's chair, and an actual iron fire escape.

Even though Jade had a little bit of trouble with her Uber, we were shooting within minutes of her arrival. We shot many different outfits across all of the various set-ups in the studio. Jade brought heels for the shoot, so we were able to shoot both glamour and boudoir during our three hours of studio time. There was a bit of noise from the street, but since we were simply shooting still photography, that didn't interfere with us at all. Next time I shoot there, I'll bring a portable speaker from my phone and play some music while we shoot.

After the shoot, we grabbed a cup of coffee from a nearby shop and I gave Jade a ride home to avoid any further Uber incidents. I downloaded and cataloged the images as soon as I got home and from my first glance, they need little editing thanks to the soft light of the studio and Jade's skills with her makeup and hair. I am delighted with the results of the shoot and will be sharing them soon.

No comments: