Thursday, July 4, 2024

Every year during the warm months when I can shoot outdoors, I usually dedicate a portion of my shoots to a patriotic theme. I don't do it with every shoot, but I do get enough images so that on the 4th of July I can create a montage of images to share with my followers on Instagram, Twitter, and Deviant Art. I've been doing this for at least a decade, perhaps a bit longer. 

I enjoy the 4th of July. I usually have a cookout at my house for my family and friends where we cook hamburgers, hotdogs, wings and serve salsa and chips, salads, and for dessert, banana pudding with red, white, and blue sprinkles. It's my favorite holiday. 

I usually don't inject politics into my blog posts, but I'm feeling pretty down about the holiday this year. With the recent Supreme Court rulings, I fear for democracy in this country. Given the current Republican ticket and proposed 2025 Project, I just have a tough time celebrating. Nevertheless, hope remains and we'll have our cookout, I'll post my photos, and I'll vote my conscience come November.

Here are some shots that I hope brighten your day: 








No comments: