Thursday, June 6, 2024

Rachel Leigh at Sauvie


Goddess of Green
Rachel and I had our first shoot today. We'd been planning to shoot for several weeks, and the weather and our schedules finally coincided. The morning dawned cool and clear with no rain in the forecast, a near-perfect day to shoot despite the morning chill. 

I met Rachel and her husband, J, at the Tri-met lot on the island and they followed me to the shoot site on the northwest side of the island. Getting my usual fall out of the way on the trail between the road and the beach, we quickly got set up for the shoot, a mix of fantasy and glamour. I started the shoot with outfits that provided more coverage, saving the skimpiest items for later in the morning when it warmed up.

J assisted Rachel with donning the costumes and provided assistance to me by handling the Photoflex reflector I brought along knowing I'd have his help. The river flowed high this morning. During my last shoot on the island with Daniel, it had been several feet lower. This necessitated shooting closer to the tree line, but we still had plenty of sandy beaches left for the shoot.

Rachel's experience as a model was evidenced by her poses and expressions. We quickly knocked out a series of poses with the first outfit. Rachel quickly became accustomed to my shooting style and by mid-shoot, she could anticipate my different pose requests. The two-hour shoot passed swiftly while we shot almost every outfit I had brought (I tend to overplan).  

While we were shooting, the day quickly warmed and the beach began to fill with folks anticipating a hot afternoon sunbathing nude on the beach. Some beachgoers provided positive comments, but we were otherwise ignored. An excellent shoot, with a fun model and her helpful husband, made for a delightful photo adventure. 

Crystal Goddess




No comments: