Saturday, May 25, 2024

In the Woods with C'est La Vie

I worked with K for the first time last summer. We had been planning to meet at Rooster Rock State Park this year for her to show me some new spots for shooting glamour. She had both modeled and shot there (she's also a photographer) and it lies equidistant from both our homes. It seemed like every time we planned to meet, the weather changed for the worse.  Last Friday, though the weather wasn't the best, we finally decided to just do it. 

I met her at the east end of the parking lot and gave her one last chance to avoid the chill, but she declined in favor of the shoot. We walked across the field and into the wooded area above the nude beach where she showed me a few of her favorite spots to shoot. She indicated that there were other spots in the area as well, and though we might encounter hikers, they would undoubtedly just pass on by. In fact, that did happen twice. K simply covered up and stepped to the side of the trail.

We started with some clothed shots until the morning chill eased, then shot some simple nudes at the end. The area is a decent alternative to Collins Beach. It offers an altogether different feel to the images that are more reflective of the Pacific NW forests. I have some ideas about what to shoot there this summer, but I'll need to do a bit more planning.

I've got one, possibly two shoots planned for this week. One is completely weather-dependent with a model I haven't had the opportunity to shoot with yet. I'm eager to work with her as I've been discussing the shoot with her husband and he's shown me some great examples of her work.

The other is with Jade. I shot with her last year on the beach. This time we're planning on a boudoir shoot in the studio. I'm interested to see her boudoir poses.



No comments: