Thursday, June 27, 2019

Busy Shoot Week

Graffiti Girl (Joey Darke)
After my adventure with Danielle and Naked Santa, I returned to Sauvie with Joey Darke, one of my regular models. Joey is always a joy to shoot, and Tuesday morning's shoot with her was a pleasure, despite the light rain we experienced throughout the morning.  Joey loved shooting in the mist and rain, and I'll have to say she managed to create some wonderful poses and didn't seem to get cold at all.

To our benefit, Tuesday was warmer and far less windy than Monday's shoot, though that didn't allow us to effectively use the silk veils I brought with us.  I like to have the model hold them in the wind and let them stream behind them.

We wrapped up after about two hours of shooting since I had commitments for the afternoon and we had gotten plenty of great images by that point.

The next day I met Brennan in Cathedral Park for a quick shoot. Despite having visited Portland many times, Bree had never before shot in the park and I was delighted to provide her with that experience. It's a lovely park and great for shooting glamour and fashion.  The weather turned out much better than forecasted, though it was a bit cool since we were shooting in the morning to beat the crowd.

We spent a couple of hours meandering around the park shooting in the various dresses Bree and I had brought with us. The transient population in the park has increased over the past year and we had to adjust our shooting locations a bit to avoid capturing others in the shots, but all in all we had a lovely little photographic expedition.

I have quite a bit of editing to do for Merrique the rest of this week and then a shoot in Maupin this weekend.  After that a break from shooting for a while and chance to catch up on some editing, I hope.

Bree under the bridge.

On the Trail

No comments: