Thursday, July 27, 2023

Two Traveling Models, Two Consecutive Shoots

Aim in Linen

This week started off with a bang! Earlier in the month, I had gotten requests from two traveling models that wanted to work with me. There schedules and mine were such that I had to work with one on Monday and the other on Tuesday. Each was a three hour shoot and at my age and with my knees, I simply can't do two shoots like that in a single day anymore. My knees are shot from too many years of steel decks and vertical ladders from my time in the submarine force, so it's difficult for me to walk in the sand or kneel for very long. Getting up from kneeling is even more difficult and I need a helping hand or a cane for that. Photography is, however, a passion so I continue to work through the pain. 

Aim in Lavender
Aim from Australia worked with me on Monday. Given the time of year and how close the river is to where I live, I chose my usual location for outdoor glamour and arranged to meet her near the shoot site. As usual, I chose early morning for our shoot and used a variety of outfits to show off her beauty.

Aim has a slender build, long hair, and an intense look. Her angular poses suit her body type and provide a sensual, provocative look. She would look right at home on the runway or on the red carpet, but was completely comfortable on the beach with me. I had a good time working with her and I was very pleased with the images we produced.

Jessa as Circe
On Tuesday I got to work with Jessa Ray Muse from Colorado. Jessa spends a lot of time traveling as a model and location scout. She runs the Muses of the West Adventures  photo tours as well as models. Jessa is that girl-next-door that you always wanted for your neighbor. She has a vivacious personality, a sweet face, and a lovely body. I truly enjoyed talking with her as we worked and her experience as a model made itself evident with her poses, expressions and easy movements.

Jessa
She offered great suggestions for our shoot and I incorporated her ideas into my concepts. One of her suggestions gave me an idea I'm going to try with my next model. I really can't say enough nice things about her. I'd truly love to work with her again if she comes my way. If you get a chance to work with her, don't hesitate to do so.

So, a lovely week for shooting has ended, and I don't have any more shoots planned for at least a month as I have some family event's schedule and then the wife and I are headed to Banff National Park in Canada for a couple of weeks, a trip we've been trying to make since before the pandemic. In the meantime, enjoy some more photos of Aim and Jessa:







No comments: