Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Studio and Models

Kim
I had a great time shooting today with two new models and once I've shot with twice before. The two new ladies were part of my Sword & Sorcery series and both replied to a casting call I posted due to a last minute cancellation by another new model I had considered for the series. They were both so nice and agreeable, that I didn't have the heart to turn either of them down so I reworked my schedule to include them both and keep my commitment to Megan, the model I'd worked with before.

The shoot took place in a new studio, well a new space actually. It's not ideal for studio photography, but the price is right and it was available. And it worked. It would be better if it had a dedicated changing room with a mirror and if it had black-out curtains for all the windows. Natural light can be good, but not when you want all of your lighting to come from the strobes. The benefits, though, are a cafe/coffee house right next door, a large space and high ceilings, and easy access and parking.

I've got a couple more shoots set up there in the next couple of months, so we'll see how well it continues to work, but for now it seems adequate for my current needs. Of course, when the warmer months arrive, I'll shoot more outside than in so it become less of an issue. Ideally, I'd love to have a space where I could set up the lights and leave them along with adequate storage for my props, but I just don't see that in my immediate future.

Lauren
The two new models, Lauren and Kim were on time, professional and very easy to work with throughout the shoot. I thought we worked together quite well and I'm looking forward to working with them for the other two parts of the project arc.

Megan is a model I've worked with twice before and I had offered to do a Valentine Day Shoot for her in recompense for her time during our previous shoots. So she brought a variety of outfits to use for the shoot and we did quite a number of pinup poses reminiscent of the 1940's style images.

Megan had a bit more than that in mind though, and I found out exactly what that was when her boyfriend arrived at the studio with her last outfit and prop. You can see one of those images below with with some very preliminary processing.

Jedi Megan

No comments: