Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Starting the Year with Kristy Jessica

New Year, New Project. Kristy Jessica came to town after having to cancel a previously planned visit due to a personal issue. I had been working on a new concept and planned to use her for the first version. I needed a bigger space to make the concept work, so I used Floofie's studio. That allowed me to get the model further from the backdrop to render it black, and to use large studio strobes on either side of the model for more dramatic lighting. Petite Kristy would have no trouble with compact poses, but I definitely needed room for the strobes. 

This was my 4th shoot with Kristy. It had been four and a half years since our last shoot, so I was delighted with the chance to shoot with her again. Fortunately, she crashed at Floofie's place during her visit, so the logistics for the shoot were simple––show up, set up, shoot. 

As always, I thoroughly enjoyed shooting Kristy. She had fun with all the outfits and the fake guns I brought for props. The lighting worked as I intended and after a few adjustments, we had a productive and fun shoot. 

 Kristy had a full schedule for her visit, so as soon as we wrapped up, she left to prep for her next shoot. I haven't done much with the images so far, I've added a couple to illustrate the shoot's concept.




No comments: