Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Floofie on Black - Shoot #44

Colorful Necklace
With the exception of my wife, Floofie is the model that I've been shooting with continuously for the longest period of time. Our first shoot was in March of 2010 and this is our 44th shoot in those thirteen years. We've shot in a variety of places during those years throughout Oregon and Washington. I don't know how many times we'll shoot this year, but I'm sure that we will do at least a couple more shoots this year as the only year we've missed shooting was 2020 during the pandemic. Most other years we've shot at least 2 or 3 times.

For this shoot, I had realized we had never shot her for the "On Black" series and so we used my home studio to close that gap. I also decided to use different pieces of body jewelry and chains to provide a glittering contrast to the skin and black backdrop.

Lighting was simple––a beauty dish, a 60" umbrella for fill, and a gridded hairlight/rim light to separate her hair from the background. I use a black velvet material as a backdrop because it absorbs far more light that seamless paper and gives me a blacker background that I would otherwise get in my small shooting area.

The shoot was excellent as usual and we both enjoyed the process of creating these images. As I tell all my models, "If you're not having fun, I'm not doing it right."

Nude with Pearls




No comments: