Thursday, March 9, 2023

Fresh Model in March

I had a great shoot this week with a lovely model that I hadn't had the pleasure of working with before. Isobel came to my home studio for my "On Black" series and we seemed to hit it off right away. Once I explained the concept I wanted to shoot, we got right to work and I could easily tell she was well-experienced as a model and quite comfortable with her body and nudity.

We shot a variety of jewelry pieces and I have to say Isabel has a huge repertoire of poses, She has an exotic look and a lean, fit body that lends itself well to art nude poses. 

I have shot several models for the "On Black" series, and I expect to shoot several more before I complete the series. I enjoy shooting a variety of skin and hair tones against a black backdrop. It's also interesting to see the poses the models can provide me in the confined space that I use for the concept. They are posing on a small table against a black backdrop that is only eight feet tall by seven feet wide. That means the poses have to be compact and yet still remain elegant. Some models are better at this than others.


I hope to use Isabel for a few more shoots this year. So, you'll see more of her in the coming months. She does, however, travel quite a lot. In fact, she's quite the world traveler so it might be tougher to schedule with her than with others, but I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, enjoy these shots.

No comments: