Thursday, August 25, 2022

2022

Floofie as a Flapper
My first shoot of 2022 began with a studio shot with two of my most reliable and steady models. I've been shooting with Floofie and Merrique for over 10 years now, and they've never failed to delight me with their poses and the images I get from the shoots with them. The concept for this first shoot was a 1920's Flapper Pinup. They both nailed the look and the poses. It was a great first start to the shooting year.

My wife and I had been working on remodeling our home for most of the first six months of the year, and we really didn't finish with all the remodeling until the end of July. So, the shoots I've been able to complete have been a nice reprieve from the hard labor at home. So far this year, I've been able to complete five shoots so far this year with several more planned before the end of September. Including two with models I've never worked with before. 

I've already worked with one new model this year, and did an initial test shoot with another. Gwen, the model I shot with for the test, has a lot of potential, and I'm hoping she'll develop into a new regular model for me. Her experience in modeling is primarily in figure modeling for drawing classes, but she has a good look and an strong interest in photography and modeling. Unfortunately, she was waylaid by the Covid virus and so has been unavailable to shoot for the past couple of weeks, but she has recently recovered and will be shooting soon, I think.

As my continue my posts, I'll talk about each of the shoots in more detail and I hope that it will give any readers some inspiration or at least some ideas for different concepts and techniques. My goal is to post at least once a week until I've caught up with this year's shoots, then perhaps return to semi-regular postings about glamour photograph, editing and shooting techniques and general photography concepts as well as some new equipment reviews. In the meantime, enjoy these additional shots from the 1920's Pinup Shoot.

Merrique

More Merrique


 

No comments: