Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bright Colors

Sometimes you just go with the flow. My most recent model, a lovely young lady with theater experience, is also fond of flamboyant hair colors. In fact, she dyed her hair specifically for this shoot and let me know ahead of time that it would be bright. Since I make a point of encouraging models to show their personality and inner beauty, this was fine with me.

Since we were shooting in the studio, I deliberately chose to shoot with a black background so the models colors would pop and not blend into the background. Except for the simple nude you see below, the chains and weapons were also chosen to be complement the bright, bold look and I dug up a prop to use which went well with the entire look.

I used a standard three light set-up - key was a large octobox, fill as a large softbox set 1 stop below key, and the rim/hair light was a small softbox set to equal key.  We also worked with some more subdued and moody lighting, but I actually prefer the brighter shots.

Megan, the model, enjoyed shooting and so far has liked the way the images have been processed. She's already looking forward to her next shoot with me and has made me promise to shoot again with her in the very near future. She really wants to be part of my Fae in Us All series and I'm more than willing to accomodate that request. So, I'm sure you'll be seeing more of her here in the future. In the meantime, here's a simpler shot of this lovely model.

No comments: