Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Women in Chains - The Latest Shoot

I had the pleasure of working with Audi and Holli this past Sunday. That was my first time working Audi and my first studio shoot with Holli. I had done a test shoot with Holli in Cathedral Park last summer in preparation for a studio shoot in the fall, but that shoot fell through at the last minute and we didn't reconnect until earlier this year.

Both models were shot for my Women in Chains project, but as you can see, I also threw in some swords as well for my Sword & Sorcery project. I shot for about 4 hours with Audi and for almost two and half hours with Holli using various chain outfits, weapons, and colored backdrops.

Audi was especially fun to work with and quite photogenic. She has studied dance for a number of years and the grace and poise of a dancer, as well as the expressions of an actress. She was both adept and innovative with her poses and managed to convey the various concepts I wanted her to portray. I'm looking forward to working with her again this year for some outdoor glamour shoots.

Holli came to the studio later in the day and we had less time to shoot together, but we still managed to get quite a few great images. Holli has modeled longer than Audi and I had at least had the advantage of doing a test shoot with her, so I had some feel for how she could pose and express herself.

The poses for Holli, I kept less elaborate and designed more to show the curves of her body. Like most models I've worked with so far, she was especially delighted with the various chain jewelry I had her wear for the shoot.

As with Audi, we also shot with a couple of different swords, but I don't think Holli was a comfortable posing with them as Audi. Holli did enjoy herself though, I know, because she called me today wanting to shoot again soon, and to include a friend. I'm sure we'll be able to work something out in the near future.

Here's another shot of Audi and you can expect to more of both Holli and Audi in future posts.