Monday, May 26, 2008

Photography and Correspondence

I've recently begun corresponding with penpals again. Except for Barb, a teacher in Southern California, with whom I've been corresponding for many years, I haven't really been writing much. Lately I had been missing the fun of getting to know more about different people from around the world. I've always enjoyed corresponding with different people; learning about their lives, their interests and their cultures. In recent years, though, it seems that I just haven't had, or haven't taken the time, to write to people. Oh, I've attempted it a few times, but after a few bad experiences it just didn't seem like it was worth the effort. Also, when you place a penpal ad, you subject yourself to so much spam mail and so many African Scammers, Russian Love Brides, and other intrepid opportunists that it makes filtering through the e-mails quite difficult. Of course, as a man (and an older man), I certainly have it a lot easier than any women that might post an ad.

In any case, I've had a couple of very interesting responses and fun e-mail exchanges so far. With any luck, my new friends will find me intriguing enough to continue write to me and I'll be able to make a couple of new friends.

No comments: