Friday, April 11, 2008

The Final Model Shoot

Ashley was the last model in my series of photo shoots from the week before last. This was the 3rd time I've shot with Ashley (including her test shoot). She was my first model for my fairy series, and she's likely to be a model for another set in that series as she has that slender, almost ethereal look that makes her a good choice for such images.

For this shoot we went for a much different look. We did a number of garter, hose and corset shots as well as a number of images in white stockings and a man's shirt evocative of the pin-up type photos of the 1940's.

Some of the images worked quite well for conversion via filters to quite a different look, and I've been enjoying experimenting with those images to create something quite different from my normal photographs. I still have quite a number of images to post process, so there will be many more opportunities to try out different looks and effects as I work with each different group of photos.

My personal favorites of the images I've post-processed so far have been of the "nude artist." Ashley was quite playful and willing to work with me on the concept and pulled it off quite well.

Of course, real life did intervene and I had to finish my income tax returns and make a business trip so I'm a little behind in processing all the images from that week, but I have been quite pleased with the results and I'm looking forward to working with each of these models again over the warmer months of the year.

No comments: